Who said salads are boring? Go nuts for this crunchy salad with peanut butter dressing.
Leftovers make a perfect filling for Vietnamese summer rolls. Just spoon into rice paper wrappers and roll, folding the edges in when you’re halfway to enclose the filling.
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks (no need to peel first)
- ½ head of red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 150g mangetout, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Large handful of radishes (about 10), finely sliced
- 100g salted peanuts
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1½ tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
Prepare the vegetables as described above and toss together in a large bowl.
Roughly chop the peanuts and coriander and sprinkle into the bowl.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together with a fork.
Pour dressing over the vegetables and mix together thoroughly to coat.
Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is one of our team members' homemade favourites. And, although we love to whip up a tasty morsel at home, we’re not professional chefs so feel free to change the recipe to suit you and your family. Remember to always follow food safety guidelines when heating or reheating food.
Did you find this useful?
Give it a thumbs up and help spread the word by sharing.